Your “Go To” Food Safety Search Firm
Finding & securing top Food Safety and Quality talent is no easy task. With limited available internal resources, many companies look to increase their success in finding the right candidate by engaging a specialized food safety search firm.
But while most companies have worked with a recruiter to fill their positions, quite often we hear from clients who are reluctant to call out there searches because of past failed endeavors with generalist recruiting shops that claimed to be food and beverage industry recruiters but were not. Needless to say, these recruiters were not able to produce the level of talent needed to fill the position, and were a waste of time and money.
Partnering with a Food Safety Search Firm
Deciding to partner with a food safety search firm does not, in itself, guarantee a successful hire. Both parties must fully commit, in order to gain an understanding of some of the critical core elements of the job: company culture, leadership style, and business challenges. At the leadership level, this relationship is even more critical, as the future hire will be tasked with shaping the culture and strategic direction of the team. It goes without saying, but partnering with the right food safety search firm is critical.
Selecting A Food Safety Search Firm
Navigating the maze of food and beverage industry recruiters can be exhausting. All claim to be the best, with the ability to get you your dream candidate faster than anyone else.
With over 25 years of recruiting industry experience, we’ve develop a list of questions and tips you can use to help you quickly sort through the list of food and beverage industry recruiters, and find the right food safety search firm for your project!
What is there specialization?
• Do they advertise capabilities in other functions and industries outside of Food Safety?
• Would they turn down a search that doesn’t match their capabilities and/or expertise?
• What is the size of their food quality and safety candidate database?
• Do they have a presence in the Food Industry?
Are they resourced correctly?
• How many people are on their team, and how many will work on your search?
• Do they hold membership in key industry associations and organizations?
• What candidate sites do they have access to?
• Do their resources align with food safety?
• What is their current workload?
What are their documented processes?
• Is their position scoping defined? Do they have a defined need analysis intake?
• Do they have a defined sourcing plan?
• How long does the sourcing process take?
• Do they track recruiting metrics and efficiencies?
• What steps do they adjust if a search isn’t going as expected?
Are they strong at engaging and assessing talent?
• How experienced is their recruiting team?
• Are they trained in talent assessment? If so, what do they screen for and how do they screen?
• What level of recruiter will be assigned to your project?
What is their level of professionalism?
• Can they effectively communicate your company’s strengths and employer brand?
• Do they employ high pressure tactics?
• Do they carefully manage the candidate experience, and will they protect your employer brand?
Are they committed working your opening?
• Are you their top priority or are they going to shop candidates around to other competitors?
• If so, how are they positioning you and your position to the candidate pool?
Can they prove their past results?
• Do they have client references they can share with you?
• Are candidates willing to vouch for them?
The Food Safety Search Firm That Gives You Options
While most food and beverage industry recruiters will exclusively operate as a contingent or retained recruiter, FoodSafetyRecruiter.com has served our clients effectively in both capacities. Our the food safety search firm experts at FSR are comfortable working on both a retained or contingent basis, and are happy to serve you in the fashion that best meets your needs.
Not sure which search model is the right for you? Click below for more information.
Ready To Partner with North America’s Leading Food Safety Search Firm?
Call 1.888.776.9615 – or click below to connect with the experienced food and beverage industry recruiters that can help you fill your most challenging food safety position.